Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Top Artists For the Summer

Summer is in full affect and we all know the best thing about the summer is the music of course. We listen to all types of music that corresponds with our mood at the moment; love songs, depressed songs, party songs, hard core songs, etc. We also always have some top artists and songs that we always listen to on a daily bases. Like for instance, if I right now go on my IPod and look at my top 25 most played songs, this would be my list:

Pretty Wings - Maxwell
Part of the List - Ne-Yo
Make Me Over - Keyshia Cole
Green Light - Beyonce
Grub On - Trey Songz
Brand New - Trey Songz
La Tortura- Shakira
Upstairs - Trey Songz
Slow Junking - Young Steff
She Ain't My Girl - Trey Songz feat. Sammie
Your Heels - Day 26
Break Up To Make Up- Jeremih
Daddy's Home - Usher
Panty Droppa - Trey Songz
Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
Drop It Low - Ester Dean feat. Chris Brown
Missing You - Trey Songz
Everything to Me - Monica
Broken Hearted Girl - Beyonce
Does He Do It- Trey Songz
Pretty Girl- Wale
Fed Up - DJ Khaled
If I Were A Boy - Beyonce
Yo Side of the Bed - Trey Songz

Yes I know I listen to a lot of Trey Songz lol, but who doesn't. Now if you check your 25 most played on your IPod, would you be surprised on what it had on it. My brother always told me that you can always tell who a person is by checking their 25 most played songs; I really wonder if that's true....

Anyways, besides those songs, I always enjoy listening to couple of artists and their albums that I think everybody should be rocking to on their I Pod also.


Starting with my ultimate favorite that if you don't already have him on your IPod then you
should just jump off a cliff ( I'm just kidding), Trey Songz. His new album which came out last year so it's not that new anymore, 'Ready' is still must have. It has baby maker songs and songs that you can really relate to, and of course the club banger 'Say Ahhh'. Also while rocking to 'Ready,' everybody needs to have the mix-tape 'Anticipation'. Trey released 'Anticipation' a couple of weeks before the album to have us "anticipating" for 'Ready'; which I must say it had a lot of us doing just that. My favorite songs on the album are 'Black Roses' and 'Yo Side of the Bed';when I first heard 'Yo Side of the Bed' I cried and I think I just fell right back into love with Trey Songz (which I never even fell out of love with him so yea). So, be sure yall cop that :).

**SN: Trey Songz will be going on tour with Monica called the Passion,Pain,Pleasure Tour ( just sounds very sexy like Trey doesn't it),starting in August, so be sure to cop some tickets. Go to
treysongz.com (or just click on the link) to check him out in a city near you.


Drizzy Drake just dropped his debut album earlier this summer titled 'Thank Me Later' which I must say that we surely did. It was the album that we all were
waiting for since like2008 from Drake and he did deliver. It has all the songs that we have been rocking to from Drake like 'Find Your Love' and 'Over'; my favorites on the album I must say are 'Fireworks' featuring Alicia Keys and 'Thank Me Now'. Drake has songs featuring Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Swizz Beatz, and The Dream. So, also if you don't have that make sure yall get the ASAP.







I'm happy to say that Eminem is back and in full affect. His new album is still on the top of the Billboard Charts and songs are just killer. 'Recovery' has like
song for almost everybody to relate to, and I think he really put his all on this one. My favorite song on the album would have to be Eminem's new song that is all over the radios 'Love the Way You Lie'; it's something that I can relate to so much it's amazing. This by far I believe Eminem's best album so go get it if you haven't yet.







Getting off of albums for a second now to tell yall about a mix-tape that I've been hooked on for
the past couple of weeks, 'Fan of a Fan' by Chris Brown and Tyga. Real good album, they even got everybody saying 'Deuces' which is also one of my ultimate favorite song off the mix-tape. It's a real hot mix-tape and it kinda shows Chris Brown in a more mature aspect I must say. You can download the mix-tape online :).






Through all the drama and bull that Rick Ross has been through this year, he has finally dropped his album 'Teflon Don'. Now I must say that I haven't copped the album yet, but
from what I've heard in my brother's car today, it's pretty good. It has a lot of people rocking and talking mad crazy about it. So while yall go and cop that, I'll be sure to go and cop it too.










Some other albums that yall should go and cop that I do love this summer are from B.O.B, Usher, Monica, and Wale. B.O.B. new album is called 'B.O.B. Present: The Adventure of Bobby Ray' which has my favorite song right 'Airplanes'. Usher new album titled 'Raymond vs. Raymond' really tops his last album thank
God. Wale's album 'Attention Deficit' still has me rocking to it til this day; hottest joints on the album to me are 'Freaks' and 'Pretty Girl'. Last but definitely not least, my girl Monica's album 'Still Standing' shows that she's back and she still got it; favorite song on the album of course is 'Everything To Me'. I just love her voice so much, I get chills when I hear her sing.







Some other artists that you should be rocking to on your IPod are Lady GaGa (cause we all go Gaga for some GaGa lol), Katy Perry, Pink, and Nicki Minaj (Cause it's Barbie Bitch!). Now you
can't go a single summer or day without listening to the beautiful Alicia Keys. She'll be gone for a while with a baby on the way, so we need to enjoy all the beautiful music that she has left us with so far. Lastly of course the new how ish on the block Mr. J. Cole. If you don't know who he is then you need to get up to date with this dude. He's like the next Drake. Check his new song out there 'Who Dat' and my favorite from 'Lights Please', they are some real bangers. I am sure yall will truly love this dude.

No comments: